Concealed carry permits are issued by the Arkansas State Police and are valid for five years. Successful applicants must pass state and federal background checks, declare allegiance to the United States and Arkansas constitutions, and complete firearms safety training in order to obtain an Arkansas conceal carry permit. Go to the Arkansas State Police website for detailed information.
- Resident of Arkansas
- At least twenty-one (21) years old
- A U.S. citizen
- Satisfactorily completes an approved firearms safety program
- Submits fingerprints and a fee determined by the Department of Public Safety
- Does not fall into a class of person prohibited to possess a firearm, such as a convicted felon, adjudicated mental incompetent or illegal alien.
- The completed application and all required documents must be mailed to this office within six months from the date of training.
Click the link to download the application in PDF format: Arkansas Concealed Handgun Carry License Application