Dallas County Sheriff
MEET THE SHERIFF
Mike Knoedl, Sheriff
Dallas County Sheriff's Office
106 South Charlotte Street
PO Box 689
Fordyce AR 71742
Phone: 870-352-2002 Fax: 870-352-3700
I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself, as well as give you all a little background on myself. I spent most of my young life growing up in Scott, Arkansas, where I worked on a rice and soybean farm from the time I was 11 years old until I turned 21. I graduated from Sylvan Hills High School in North Little Rock in 1982. After turning 21, I began my career in law enforcement with the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission in 1985. I was assigned to Perry County, until I moved to Dallas County in the spring of 1989 and that’s where I’ve called home ever since.
I was fortunate to raise my two sons, Tristan and Cole, here in Fordyce, where both were proud members of the Fordyce Redbugs and they both graduated from Fordyce High School. I was also fortunate enough to coach baseball from Little League to Babe Ruth. While both of my sons have moved on to pursue their own careers, they have given me 4 beautiful granddaughters.
I take immense pride in the fact that when I began my career as a Wildlife Officer, I retired 32 years later as the director of the Arkansas Game and Fish, working my way through the ranks. I served as a Lieutenant for this district, before promoting to Major, then Colonel, then Deputy Director and finally retired after serving as the director for the entire agency. For 24 of those years, I served the citizens of Dallas County not only as a Wildlife Officer, but also working closely with the Dallas County Sheriff’s Office and I have some of my most fondest memories of my career working right here in Dallas County.
In 2021, I was asked to serve on Governor Asa Hutchinson’s Task Force for Law Enforcement reform, where I was involved in submitting recommendations for higher law enforcement accountability, reform and training.
In my career, I have completed over 2000 hours of law enforcement training and graduated from the UALR Criminal Justice Institute Law Enforcement School of Supervision.
1. Certified law enforcement officer since 1985.
2. Certified law enforcement instructor (pursuit instructor for 22 years.)
3. Over 2000 hours of law enforcement training.
4. Commendations from the Arkansas State Police for career law enforcement service.
5. Commendations from the Arkansas Law Enforcement Training Academy for my service.
6. Commendations from the United States Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) for my efforts in drug enforcement.
7. Member of the U.S. Customs Agency Blue Lightening Strike Force (drug interdiction training)
8. District Wildlife Officer in 1992.
9. Selected State Wildlife Office of the year by my peers in 1993.
10. Awarded Shakir Safari International Award for my law enforcement efforts.
11. Completed numerous leadership development classes throughout my career.
12. Received commendations from both Arkansas State House of Representative and state Senate for my contributions and service in law enforcement upon retirement
In closing, I truly hope everyone will contact my office for questions or concerns throughout Dallas County.
I am honored to serve this county again and lead the Dallas County Sheriff’s Office into the future.
The position of Sheriff is a four-year term that is elected by the county at large.